2 tbsp. Yeast
1/4 cup warm water
1/2 cup margarine
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup scalded milk
4 1/2-5 cups flour
1. In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water, set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, cup up margarine, add sugar and salt.
3. Add hot milk, let margarine melt, then mix with a wisk.
4. Add 1 1/2 cups flour, mix with wisk.
5. Add eggs, mix.
6. Add yeast, mix.
7. Add the rest of the flour. Mix with a wooden spoon, dough will be wet and sticky.
8. Cover dough with a damp cloth and set in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours or overnight.
9. Once the dough is cold, you can work with it. Roll it and shape it into cinnamon rolls or dinner rolls.
10. Let the rolls rise until they double in size.
11. Bake at 375 degrees
Cinnamon rolls 12-15 minutes Dinner rolls 8-10 minutes, do not overcook.
Cinnamon Roll Frosting.............
1 lb. powdered sugar
1/4 cup margarine, cut up
1/4 cup hot tap water
1 tsp. vanilla
Mix together until smooth, put on top of the cinnamon rolls after they have cooled a little bit.
Another note on the cinnamon rolls..
Put on a well floured surface
Roll out dough to about 6 inches by 18 inches, about 1/3 inch thick
Spread butter, cinnamon, and sugar on top of the dough with a spoon
Roll into a jelly roll
Pinch the two ends closed so the sugar and cinnamon doesn't come out.
Cut with a sharp knife or you can also use a string
Place on a cookie sheet, place them in an array of 3 x 4.