Thursday, July 17, 2008

Delicious Deviled Eggs


The other day, we were at a party where they served deviled eggs. John was like, these are my favorite things in the entire world and he ate a ton of them. It was at this point that I felt bad and decided I need to learn to make them myself.

I found the easiest recipe I could find and made these. They were much easier to make than I thought that they would be. If you want to try it, here is what I did.

I put 8 eggs in cold water and then brought the water to a boil, as soon as the water had big bubbles and was really boiling, I took it off the heat. Make sure to have a lid on the pan that you use. The recipe said 6, but I wanted to eat one and thought that one might break, so this is why I used 2 extra eggs. This recipe would also be really easy to double if you are making it for a party.

After taking them off the heat, let them sit in the hot water for 30 minutes, add 1 tsp. of salt to the water, for some reason, it makes the eggs easier to peel.

Next, I dumped out the water and added cold water with ice to help the eggs cool. I let them sit for a few minutes.

Next, I peeled the eggs....This is the fun part.

Next, I cut the eggs in half and scooped out the middle part, it actually just fell out in the bowl.

I mixed the egg yokes with the following and now we have deviled eggs.

6 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and cut lengthwise
¼ cup Light Mayonnaise
½ teaspoon dry ground mustard
½ teaspoon white vinegar
1/8 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
Paprika for garnish

Pop out (remove) the egg yolks to a small bowl and mash with a fork. Add mayonnaise, mustard powder, vinegar, salt and pepper and mix thoroughly. Fill the empty egg white shells with the mixture and sprinkle lightly with paprika.

Cover lightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate until serving.

I found this recipe on the internet.

No comments: