Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Homeade Oreo Cakesters


1 devils food cake mix
1/2 c. shortening or 1/3 cup oil.
2 eggs

Mix these ingredients together. Roll the dough into dime sized balls and put them on a cookie sheet. I then pressed them down a little bit so that they would bake flatter.
Bake at 350 degree for 8 minutes. After 8 minutes, they might not seem done, but take them out anyways, or they will get hard. As they cool, they will get softer.


Let them cool.

Then spread cream cheese frosting in the middle of two cookies and wala....They are done and they are great.
This will make about 15-20 cookies. I would strongly recommend doubling the recipe if you have a large family.

You can also make thicker cream cheese frosting using the following mixture if you would like a thicker middle:

1 8 oz. cream cheese
1/2 square butter
2 tsp. vanilla
2 to 4 cups of powdered sugar, based on how thick you want it.

Mix these things together until they are smooth.


(I use cream cheese frosting out of pure laziness and it still tastes great!)

2 comments:

sandy said...

My sister made these for us and I was hooked! I couldn't remember the recipe, and found your blog. It was exactly what I was looking for! They turn out exactly like the picture, and I couldn't believe how great they were even with store-bought cream cheese frosting too! I just made them with a red velvet mix as an experiment...yummy, and pretty, but devils food is still #1! thanks for posting this. I've already passed the link along. P.s., I usually hate "things made out of cakemixes that aren't cake recipes"...this one is my exception!

Sharon Stone said...

We also have to make sure regarding the varieties of the cheesecakes that are available in the website and if he one we want is available or not. Cat & the Fiddle Oreo birthday cake