Monday, June 23, 2008

Hollywood Squares

I found this recipe on the internet, I decided I wanted to find a recipe for these because I loved them in elementary school and they had them at the schools where I have taught, they are the peanut butter squares that they used to have. This recipe is awesome and it is sooooooo easy to make, kids and husbands love this treat.


Note: I always half this recipe because they can be a little thick if you use the recipe below. This is also because John and I don't really need to eat the entire pan of these on our own, a half a pan is plenty of calories for us.


2 c. peanut butter
2 1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 ts. vanilla
1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup melted butter

Topping:

2 squares semi sweet baking chocolate
1 tb. peanut butter



Instructions:
Combine all ingredients except the topping ingredients. Mix well and place in a buttered 9" square pan. Melt the topping ingredients together, the microwave works great. Spread over the top of the peanut butter mixture and then refrigerate until the topping is firm. People will love these.

No comments: